The Monks Trods
Follow the monks trods around the Esk valley as they fan out from Whitby abbey.
Choose from several pathways and destinations. All walks are guided and include local knowledge, histories and mythology of the area.
Walk out along the railway path to Ruswarp then up through the woods and along the monks trod to Sneaton, arriving for a cool ice cream at Beacon Farm to be enjoyed while taking in spectacular views and hearing some of the extraordinary history and mythology of the area. Around 4 miles, easy going except for the last mile uphill.
Walk from Grosmont through the woods along the trod to Beck Hole. Stop at the old inn for a pint, a coffee, great home made bread and sandwiches, then amble back down the cinder track in time for the train back to Whitby.
Half and Full Day Adventure Walks
- Half day tours £100
- Full day tours £200 (discounts for couples, small parties and educational groups)
Wild Walking Tours have a different pricing structure according to group size and time allotted. Please contact Rose with any enquiries.
What to Bring
Depending on the time of year, different clothing may be suitable. But as a general rule, walkers will need the following whatever the time of year:
- Sturdy and comfortable walking shoes or boots and suitable socks
- Warm and waterproof layers
- Zip-off trousers are a good option - allowing for flexibility
- Hat, scarf and gloves OR sunhat and suncream (depending on time of year)
- Rucksack, snacks and picnic lunch (if required), full water bottle
How to Book
These walks are available to privately booked groups only, so please contact Rose in the first instance to discuss your requirements, group size and where you would like your walk to take place.